To enhance the fun with your new animal friends, we have a few downloadable cards and games. Click on the underlined links below to download the files and then print them out.
GAME #1 - ZOO MASKS - Become your favorite character and create your own zoo at home! Download Masks by clicking here. (Adobe Acrobat PDF format) Instructions: 1. Can be printed on standard inkjet paper. For best results use 50# paper. 2. Cut out face and opening for eyes. 3. On the back of the mask, affix a ribbon or string to each side using transparent tape. 4. Have child hold mask in place and tie ribbon around rear of child’s head.
GAME #2 - MIX-N-MATCH ZOO - For 2-3 players. Download then print out the 18 card deck by clicking here. (Adobe Acrobat PDF format) Instructions: After printing out the deck, cut the individual cards out. Pass out an animal body card to each player. Mix up the remaining arm, leg, and tail cards. Take turns drawing cards from the deck. You can either keep the card or discard it in the pile. Once all of the cards are drawn, then shuffle the discard pile and start drawing again. The object of the game is to create a new animal with at least three different body parts. Whoever makes a complete animal with at least three different body parts wins!
GAME #3 - ZOO MEMORY CARD - For 2 players. Download then print out two sets of the 18 card deck. (Adobe Acrobat PDF format) Instructions:
After printing the deck and cutting out the cards, mix the cards up and turn them face down in several rows. Each player would take turns turning over two cards and looking for its match. If they select the matching card, they get to take the cards and try again.
GAME #4 - IMAGINATION ZOO CHARADES - Make a spinner and take turns spinning the animal cards and acting out the unique animal combination it lands on. Instructions:
Print out the spinner charades card on heavy stock paper. You will also need two paper clips. Download the spinner charade cards here.
1. Cut out the spinner card.
2. Bend up the outside part of a paper clip. This part should point straight up when the paper clip is lying flat on your desk.
3. Use the paper clip to poke a hole in the center of the spinner face through the dot near the center of the spinner card.
4. Push the bent end of the paper clip through the hole in the index card and use tape to secure the rest of the paper clip to the bottom of the card. Make sure the side of the card with the line is facing up.
5. Take your second paper clip and hook it through the first paper clip.
6. Take turns spinning the paper clip and act out the animal it lands on. Have the child make up sounds and movements for each character.
Zoo animal toys by Imagination zoo offers elephant stuffed animals, tiger stuffed animals, bear stuffed animals and zoo animal games and stories for preschoolers! Also, features zoo story guides and interchangeable arms, legs and tails.